Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
ACI is Application Centric Infrastructure designed and developed by CISCO, which is used to implement SDN capability in our Data Center Fabric. In This ACI Course Content you will learn how to design, deploy and configure ACI environment in our Data Center. This Course Content enables you to learn the core concepts of ACI, configuring multiple ACI components like APIC, Tenant, Bridge-Domain, and Contract.
This course also helps in enabling the capabilities of individual to learn to deploy ACI in multitenant or Multipod environment. Here you will also learn how to integrate the existing network to ACI environment and how network centric or application centric migration is done on ACI environment. This Content has end to end LAB for all topics covered in this course with all traffic flow.
- ACI Introduction and its benefits
- ACI Hardware components and its configuration
- ACI Fabric Discovery Process and Its Terminology
- ACI VXLAN Traffic Forwarding along with Layer 2 and Layer 3 Traffic Forwarding
- ACI Traffic Filtering concepts
- How to configure tenants, Bridge-Domain, Contracts and Filters
- ACI Layer 2 Traffic Forwarding in details via L2OUT
- ACI Layer 3 traffic forwarding along with MPBGP-EVPN transit routing concepts
- ACI Inter Tenants communication
- Configuration & deployment in ACI Multi-Site and Multi-Pod environment
- Learn about Network Centric and Application Centric Migration in ACI
- Learn how to configure ACI components via Scripts
- Service Chaining or How to configure Service Graphs for ASA Firewall and Load Balancer
- How to integrate ASA Firewall with ACI
- How to integrate Load Balancer in ACI
- Integrating VMware in ACI via VMM domain.
ACI : Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) , a big evolutionary step in data center networking, because it adds programmability to the network and because of the increased compatibility between vendors.
The Problem: Traditional approaches take a long operational view, with no common operational model between the application, network, security, and cloud teams. It took months from application team to make application ready and put in production .
The Solution: An Application-Centric Approach to Managing Your Infrastructure. Following are the benefits using ACI in our Data Center Infrastructure.
Applications delivered in business time
- Reduction in time to service delivery , Application readiness (days to minutes)
- End-to-end application health score helps meet service level agreements (SLAs)
- ACI makes the infrastructure in such a way that as application changes network changes.
Network – Security & Cloud Deployment
- Greater productivity, accuracy, and easier scaling.
- ACI promotes consistency of policies and services for on-premise and cloud apps.
- Automated network provisioning reduces overhead and errors, accelerates deployment.
- Automates security policy while allowing security teams to retain control over policies for compliance.
- It reduces the complexity of the network with respect to deployment, management, and monitoring, and does this through a common policy framework.