Introduction to Amazon Web services
AWS is Amazon Web Service cloud platform which provides cloud based solution to all company to shift their IT infrastructure from physical premises to cloud and it may be private or public cloud. AWS is an example of Public cloud. This Section enables you to all about most of the AWS services which it provides through its Service catalog.
This course also helps you to prepare the AWS solution Architect Exam not only from theory point of view but also practical point of view. This Course will teach you step by step configuration method to configure all services provided by AWS which are useful to qualify the AWS Solution Architect EXAM.
The Course Pedagogy will help you to learn the following concepts on AWS Section
- Learn Amazon S3 basic Feature and its usage.
- Learn Amazon S3 Advance feature and its usage
- Learn about Amazon Glacier
- Configure Amazon simple storage service
- Learn how to set up a simple website on AWS
- Learn how to enable versioning on objects
- Learn what is life cycle policy for S3 bucket
- What is AWS Elastic Compute Cloud
- Basic of AWS Elastic Block Store ( EBS)
- How to configure Amazon EC2 Linux Instance
- Configuring Amazon Windows instance
- How to create EBS volume and attach it to an instance
- How Volume should be made available to EC2 Windows Instance
- What is Amazon Virtual private cloud and how to configure it
- Basic of Elastic Load balancing and auto scaling and how to configure it
- AWS identity and access management
- AWS dynamo DB and Redshift database
- How to configure webserver with RDS database
- What is AWS SQS and SNS and how to configure it
- How DNS system works in Amazon AWS
- What is AWS Elastic Cache
- How to configure VPC and its components
- How to configure VPN and Tunneling for VPC
- How to create template for Cloud Formation
- Basic of AWS Security and its related configuration
Amazon Web services started providing IT infrastructure services to business in form of Web services in 2006.
AWS is a best example of cloud computing which is on-demand delivery of IT resources and application via internet and whatever you do you have to pay for it.
In simple way to understand, with the help of cloud computing, you can access servers, storage, databases and large number of application services over internet.
Cloud computing Advantage:
There are following advantages of cloud computing:
- Instead of investing heavily on Data Center and infrastructure before knowing what you exactly need, it’s worthy to use cloud computing feature to use IT infrastructure.
- With cloud computing, you have to pay only for what you use, not having large numbers of servers deployed and using some of them.
- Scaling of IT infrastructure can done in minutes from small size to large or from large size to small.
- Application deployments are done in minutes along with servers, network, security provisioning.
- Cloud computing provides increase in speed and agile in nature.
Deployment models of Cloud Computing:
There are two deployment models of Cloud computing:
- All in cloud based deployment
- Hybrid deployment
All-in-cloud-based deployment: In this Applications is deployed fully in cloud and its component also runs in cloud.
Hybrid deployment: In this approach, many enterprises connects infrastructure and application between clouds based resources and existing resources in customer premises.
In AWS, global infrastructure, Security and Compliance play major role. Here we will discuss both AWS global infrastructure, Security and compliance one by one.
AWS provides a high available technology platform infrastructure that scales across multiple location worldwide. These location are divided in to regions and Availability zones.
A region is a separate geographical area and each region has multiple, isolated location called as Availability zones. Each region are completely independent and isolated from other regions and each availability zones are also isolated but the availability zone sin a region are connected to each other via low latency link. Each availability zones are powered by independent power grid to have power redundancy. Each Availability Zones are connected via redundant multiple tier-1 service providers.
By placing resources in separate availability zones customer can easily protect website or application from service disruption.
Security and Compliance: AWS and its partners offer variety of tools and feature to help customer meet their security objectives. AWS helps in sharing security responsibilities with organization. There are some list described below which AWS complies.
- Service Organization Controls (SOC) 1/International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) 3402, SOC 2, and SOC 3
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), and Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (Fed RAMP)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Level 1
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001, ISO 27001, and ISO 27018
AWS Cloud Computing Platform: There are some major AWS cloud services which are described per category. Before that we will discuss how to access the AWS platform. There are three methods by which you can access the Platform.
- AWS management Console: It is Web application to manage AWS cloud services. Each services has its own console which can be accessed from AWS management console.
- AWS CLI: It is the unified tools used to manage AWS cloud services, with this we can control multiple services and even automate them through scripts.
- AWS Software development Kids (SDKs): It provide an application programming interface API that interacts with web services that make up AWS platform.