Routing on OpenStack
Configure Routing on OpenStack
- Enable Neutron Routing services on OpenStack
- Create a Router and add two Network dclessons-Network1 with subnet 18.104.22.168/24 and dclessons-Network2 with network 22.214.171.124/24
- Enable two VM dclessons-VM2 on dclessons-Network1 and second VM dclessons-VM1 on dclessons-Network2.
- Configure network so that dclessons-VM1 can access to internet
- Configure Floating IP address so that user can access dclessons-VM1 from internet or external network.
Now we will configure the neutron so that Routing can be configured and enabled on OpenStack. Open the following file after taking SSH and do the following setting as we have done in past.
Now lets create the Router name dclessons-Router1 from CLI by following command:
Now once router is created, it has to be associated with two subnet which was created earlier naming dclessons-Network1 and dclessons-Network2
Go to Projects | Network | Router and select your router which is created and click on it and then click on interface and then click on add interface, Follow as per below figure:
You can verify this also from network topology:
Now Launch VM on each network use following command to launch the VM as you have to create the port and then associate the port to Instance , we have done this in previous labs.