Compute in AWS Cloud
Compute in AWS Cloud
Compute forms the nucleus of creating and executing business.
AWS provides several compute products that allows to deploy, run, and scale applications as virtual servers, code, or containers.
- Simple websites and applications on one or a few servers
- Control and manage cluster or server level functions such as deployment and scaling
- Manage stateful or stateless applications packaged as Docker containers
- Stateless, event-initiated applications that require fast response times
AWS Compute Offerings
Different Compute services offered by AWS.
- Amazon EC2 - Virtual Servers in the Cloud
- Amazon EC2 Container Service - Run and Manage Docker Containers
- AWS Lambda - Run Code in Response to Events
- Amazon EC2 Container Registry - Store and Retrieve Docker Images
- Amazon Lightsail - Launch and Manage Virtual Private Servers
- Amazon VPC - Isolated Cloud Resources
- AWS Batch - Run Batch Jobs at Any Scale
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk - Run and Manage Web Apps
- Auto Scaling - Automatic Elasticity
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
Amazon EC2 offers resizable cloud-based compute capability taking shape as virtual servers. There are a broad range of instance types that are easily manageable and exhibit different combinations of networking capacity, storage size, amount of memory, and CPU power.
- Removes the necessity of upfront investment on computer hardwares.
- Commission numnerous instances simultaneously
- Pay only for the used quantity
- Change web-scale cloud computing easy
- Big data - e.g. Hadoop
- Database software - e.g. Aurora, DynamoDB
- Enterprise applications - e.g. SAP, Oracle
- Migrations from on-premises environments
- Open-source cluster management
Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS)
Amazon ECS is a scalable, performance container management service to include Docker containers. It enables you to run applications at ease on a managed cluster of Amazon EC2 instances.
Amazon ECS removes the necessity to install, run, and scale cluster management infrastructure.
- Web applications
- Batch jobs
- Docker workloads
AWS Lambda aims to run code without managing or provisioning servers.
- Lambda is the nucleus of serverless computing. So build and run services and applications without bothering about servers.
- Run code for virtually any type of backend service or application - with no administration.
- Upload the code and Lambda handles everything needed to run and scale the code with better availability.
- Pay only for the compute time that you use.
- Create code to automatically trigger from other AWS services, otherwise call it directly from a mobile or web app.
- Web applications
- Mobile backends
- IoT backends
- Stream processing workloads
- File processing workloads
Storage in AWS Cloud
Cloud storage is a vital component of cloud computing, including the information utilized by applications.
- Cloud storage is more secure, scalable, and reliablethan conventional on-premises storage systems.
- AWS provides a complete set of cloud storage services to support archivaland application compliance needs.
- Backup and archive applications, Databases, Internet of Things, Data warehouses, and Big data analyticsdepend on data storage architecture.
AWS - S3
Amazon S3 can be described as object storage that stores and retrieves any quantity of data from anywhere on the internet. Amazon S3 features a simple web service interface.
- Renders incredible durability,
- Scales past trillions of objects globally,
- Once data is saved in S3, it can be tiered automatically into minimal cost, longe-term cloud storage classes such as Amazon Glacier and S3 Standard - Infrequent Access for archiving.
- Serves as a target for backup and recovery, and disaster recovery; "data lake" for Big Data analytics, tier in an active archive and bulk repository for user-generated content.
Amazon Glacier is a durable, secure and economical cloud storage service for long-term backup and data archiving.
- Customers can safely store any data for as low as $0.004 per gigabyte per month.
- Considerable amount of savings in contrast to on-premises
- Amazon Glacier offers three choices to access archives for a few minutes to numerous hours.
Amazon Elastic File System
Amazon EFS offers simple, scalable file storage that can be utilized with Amazon EC2 instances in AWS Cloud.
- Amazon EFS is user-friendly and provides a simple interface allowing you to create and configure file systems effortlessly and fast.
- Storage capacity is elastic i.e. that shrinks or grows automatically.
- Several Amazon EC2 instances can access an Amazon EFS file system simultaneously, letting Amazon EFS to offer a common data source for workloads as well as applications operating on more than one Amazon EC2 instance.
Amazon EFS is offered for better durability and availability for Big Data and analytics applications, container storage, web and content serving, media processing workflows, and enterprise applications.
Very nice information on Amazon cloud. Was looking for amazon file system and found it right here.. Thanks. https://quotesalltime.com