SD-WAN VeloCloud Introduction
Before SD-WAN was deployed, there were various challenges on WAN side of any Enterprise environment.Before SD-WAN, the Enterprise WAN was very expensive, complex and very inefficient.
As we have already discussed a lot what all the drawback are, shortcoming and challenges of traditional WAN, but here are some issues:
- Slow Deployment times of Branches
- Backhaul for Cloud services because traffic has to go to DC for authentication and then to cloud for application access
- Expensive private lines like Lease line, PTP, MPLS etc.
- Constrains of Choice of link if site has more than two links.
But when SD-WAN is deployed across Enterprise WAN, there will be following benefits:
- Deploys in days: Branch WAN can be commissioned in days instated of Months, because of central orchestrator, it is used to centrally configure all policies and then these policies are pushed to all Branch SD-WAN device as per application requirement
- Optimized Cloud Access: In this Branch can be accessed directly from cloud, while controlling all security policies required to access application hosted in cloud.
- Use of Multiple transport: With SD-WAN if the site has multiple links, like (MPLS, LTE, Internet, 4G, 5G, Broadband) etc., all these multiple link can be efficiently utilized parallely.
- Assured Application performance: Due to SD-WAN, intelligence in WAN and Granular policy support, all application hosted on Cloud or in Data Center gives the assured performance as per expectation.
Business benefits of VeloCloud
Below figure explains the summary of Business benefits of SD-WAN solution provided by Velo Cloud.
VeloCloud is the SD-WAN solution of VMware which supports the data plane services in the cloud as well as on on-premise deployments. This solution enables policy based access to application hosted in cloud as well as datacenter. The overall preview of VleoCloud Cloud delivered SD-WAN solution as given below: