SD-WAN VeloCloud Traffic Flow
Before we talk about how talk to SD-WAN network Branch and how migration is done, let’s understand what ports and Protocols are being used for communication on SD-WAN NSX VeloCloud environment.
Ports & Protocols for Communication:
- Branch to VCO ( Orchestrator ) : for Management , TCP/443
- Branch to Hub : data Traffic UDP/2426 ( tunnel to hub is created )
- Branch to Hosted VCG or On-Prim VCC : Control and data UDP/2426
- Hosted VCG or On-Prim to Orchestrator : TCP 443 for Management
SD-WAN Reference Topology:
Below topology will explain how NSX SD-WAN are connected by different method, how SD-WAN CPE is connected to MPLS and Internet via VRRP, How SD-WAN with L3 switch is connected, How Hybrid SD-WAN site is connected and How Non SD-WAN site is connected with SD-WAN CPE Internet connection.
Below is the figure that explains that:
HUB VCE Placement:
There are two options to which HUB can create Tunnel:
- Option1: Route the private tunnel traffic through the firewall
- Option2: Route the private tunnel traffic directly to the L3 core