LAB NSX Manager Installation
Task: Configure the Following as per given task:
- Deploy the NSX Manager OVA over RegionA01-MGMT01 Cluster in ESXi esx-04a.corp.local.
- Register NSX Manager nsxmgr-01a with vCenter vcsa-01a.corp.local
- Prepare a vSphere Cluster for NSX and its registration with vCenter.
- Deploy NSX Controllers (all three specification given in Solution task.
- Prepare Hosts to install the VIBs and Configure and verify VXLAN Tunnel End Points (VTEPs) and Create VXLAN Network Identifier Pools (VNIs) with range 5000 to 5999.
- Create Transport Zones
- View the health of your NSX environment with the NSX Manager Dashboard
Deploy the NSX Manager OVA over RegionA01-MGMT01 Cluster in ESXi esx-04a.corp.local.
Login to the vSphere Web Client with valid credential. Here we will deploy NSX Manager over the RegionA01-MGMT01 Cluster.
- Click on the Hosts and Clusters icon | Right click on RegionA01-MGMT01 cluster and select to Deploy OVF Template.
- Make sure that you have integrated the VMware Client Plug-in installed locally else you will be prompted to install it before proceeding
- Click on the Local file radio button and then click the Browse button to select the file.
- Select NSX Manager OVA File from your local machine which you have downloaded from VMWARE site and then click Open.
- Click Next to continue further.
Click on the name field and enter nsxmgr-01a, it will be the host name of NSX Manager and then click Next to continue.
- Expand the RegionA01-MGMT01 cluster and select esx-04a.corp.local ESXi host then click Next to continue further. This may take a sometime as file is validated.
- Now Click Next to continue further.
- Now comes the Accept License Agreement section, here click the Accept button then click Next to continue.
- Use the same virtual disk format which has been set to Thick Provision Lazy Zeroed and the VM Storage Policy set to None.
- Select and Click on RegionA01-ISCSI01-MGMT01 datastore and then click
- In the Destination Network field, select the VM-RegionA01-vDS-MGMT network from drop-down menu for the NSX Manager appliance then click Next to continue.
- Use 192.168.110.10 in the DNS Servers list field and in the Domain Search List, use corp.local
- Expand the Network properties section and in the Default IPv4 Gateway field, use 192.168.110.1
- In the Hostname field, use nsxmgr-01a for NSX Manager Hostname.
- In the Network 1 IPv4 Address filed, use 168.110.42 and Network 1 Netmask, is 255.255.255.0
- In the Services Configuration information section, Enable SSH to the NSX Manager appliance by clicking the checkbox.
- In the NTP Server List, we will use router.corp.local as NTP server.
- Use the following credential XXXXXXX as the password for the default CLI user for NSX Manager.
- Use the following credential XXXXXXX as the password for the privilege mode user for NSX Manager.
- Expand the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program information section.
- Click on the Scroll bar to move down the configuration page and Click Next to continue to move further.
- Now once the above configuration is done than Review your configuration settings and click the Finish button it will start deploying the NSX Manager Appliance on selected ESXi host .
- To verify whether NSX manager is deployed , Click on the Recent Tasks pane icon and verify
NSX Manager Configuration
- To Power ON the VM, Right click on the nsxmgr-01a virtual machine on vCenter and click Power On.
- Enter the URL https://192.168.110.42 on Web browser and login in via valid credential.
- User name – admin
- Password – XXXXXXX
- Click Login to continue.