LAB Lifecycle Policy for S3 Bucket
- Add Life Cycle name DC lessons-lifecycle-rule
- Use current and Choose Transition to Standard-IA after for 30 days
- Use previous version Transition to One Zone-IA after for 30 days and Transition to Amazon Glacier after 60days .
Follow the following steps to complete the Lifecycle of a bucket.
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the Amazon S3 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3/.
- In the Bucket name list, choose the name of the bucket that you want to create a lifecycle policy for, choose dclessons1
- Choose the Management tab, and then choose Add lifecycle rule.
In the Lifecycle rule page, enter a rule name which will help you to identify the rule later. The name should be always unique within the bucket. Configure the rule as follows mentioned below:
- Now if you want to apply this lifecycle rule to all objects with a specified prefix name, provide prefix name. This lifecycle rule scope can be limited to one or more object tags, you can also combine a perfix and tags.
Now choose Next in order to apply the above configured lifecycle to all objects. Here you can also define or set the transitions for previous and current object versions. By this versioning feature you can be able to keep multiple versions of an object in one bucket.
- Select Current version to define transitions that are applied to the current version of the object.
- Select Previous version to define transitions that are applied to all previous versions of the object.