Nexus Hardware Component
Note: For Nexus 9000 details has been discussed in separate ACI course module.
The Following are the Nexus 7000 Hardware Component:
- Nexus 7000 Chassis Model
- Nexus 7000 Supervisor Module
- Nexus 7000 Line cards
- Nexus Fabric Module
We will discuss each component in different section.
In this section we will discuss the Nexus 7700 or & 7000 Chassis Models:
Nexus 7700 Chassis Models:
The Cisco Nexus 7700 switches have same common system architecture, the same application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) technology, and the same proven Cisco NX-OS Software releases with Nexus 7000 Series switches.
The following are the models currently developed by Cisco.
Nexus 7700 2-Slot Switch
- It is a 2-slot switch with two front-accessible module slots, one is for Line cards and another is for Supervisor modules
- Airflow direction is from front-to-back airflow which helps to provide efficient cooling and has an integrated cable management system
- One dedicated half-slot supervisor is used in Nexus 7700 2-Slot Switch
- It does not include any fabric modules.
- The system uses one fan tray for cooling which is composed of three independent variable-speed fans that automatically adjust to the temperature, reduce power consumption in well-managed facilities
- Switch can have up to two 3- or 3.5-kilowatt (KW) power supplies. It also supports the redundant power supply configuration
- The I/O module, supervisor module, and power supplies are inter-changeable across all Cisco Nexus 7700 chassis
Figure : Nexus 7700 2 Slot Switch:
Nexus 7700 6-Slot Switch:
- It is 6 slot switch out of which four for I/O module or line cards
- It has two dedicated half-slot supervisors to provide full redundancy
- Cisco Nexus 7706 has six fabric module slots to provide simultaneously active fabric channels to each of the I/O and supervisor modules to achieve 10.5 Tbps of forwarding capacity or more.
- In Cisco Nexus 7706 airflow is from Front-to-back which ensure efficient cooling.
- The system uses three redundant fan trays each fan tray is composed of independent variable-speed fans that automatically adjust temperature, reduce power consumption in well-managed facilities.
- We can Hot swap the the Nexus 7700 system fan trays without having negatively affecting the system.
- To provide power to Cisco Nexus 7700 6-Slot Switch, It can have up to four 3- or 3.5-(kW) power supplies .
- We can access I/O modules, supervisor modules, and power supplies from the front, and from back of chassis we can access fabric modules and fan trays.
Figure Nexus 7700 6 Slot Switch: