How to Create vManage VM on EXSi
To deploy vManage on Enterprise datacenter, a VM instance for it must be created on any running hypervisor software.
To create a vManage VM instance on hypervisor, following steps need to be followed
- Create a vManage VM instance on any ESXi hypervisor
- For vManage Database, create a new virtual disk that has a volume of at least 100 GB
- Add additional vNICs for networking.
- Start the vManage VM instance and connect to the vManage console.
- To create a cluster of vManage NMS, repeat Steps 1 through 4 to create a VM for each vManage instance.
Create a vManage VM instance on any ESXi hypervisor
Launch the VMware vSphere Client application with your credential
Click File | Select Deploy OVF Template to deploy the virtual machine and browse the downloaded OVF package vmanage.ova file which can be downloaded from the Viptela Support webpage
Click Next to verify OVF template details
Enter a name for the deployed template “vManage “and click Next
To accept the default format for the virtual disks Click Next and from the drop-down list, select the destination network for the deployed OVF template, and click Next
Click Finish to complete deployment of the vManage VM instance and the system has successfully created the VM instance based on defined parameter and by default it has only one vNIC.