How to Create Subnets & Instance via GUI & CLI
- Create Network dclessons-Network1 and subnet dclessons-subnet1 with subnet 188.8.131.52/24 via GUI
- Create Network dclessons-Network2 and subnet dclessons-subnet2 with subnet 184.108.40.206/24 via CLI
- Create a nova instance with flavor m1.tiny with instance name dclessons-instance1, use image cirros with VM name dclessons-vm1
- Create port name dclessons-port1 and attach it to network dclessons-Network2.
- Now Associate the port created above to instance created dclessons-instance1 and verify.
Login to OpenStack Horizon dashboard.
- On left menu , click on Project | Network | Networks.
- Now click on the + Create Network button. Provide the details for network name and subnet with subnet details as follows.