Aruba SD-Branch Solution
Aruba’s SD-Branch integrates SD-WAN, WLAN, LAN, and security together with common policy and management for simplified branch management.
With Aruba’s SD-Branch, cloud applications and cloud services are more easily accessible.
Aruba SD-Branch Architecture
With the traditional branch architecture which is slow and requires experts to configure. And all branch traffic has to be routed through the datacenter to get to the internet, unified communication and collaboration (UCC) tools, and SaaS apps.
With Aruba, customers can replace the legacy branch infrastructure with a cloud gateway, Aruba APs, and Aruba switches. Using this branch gateway, customers can connect directly to the internet to access cloud apps and to the data center through a headend gateway. ClearPass Access Management enables policy based routing and Aruba Central overlays over the whole solution to make management easier and simpler.
Aruba SD-Branch Solution:
Following are the Aruba SD-Branch Components described in below figure:
The Aruba solution begins with Aruba Central Cloud management that provides a single pane of glass for wireless, wired, and WAN management.
Aruba ClearPass Policy Management further simplifies management with granular and role-based policy enforcement. Much of this policy enforcement occurs at the branch gateway. With policy-based routing and dynamic path steering, organizations can be confident that traffic is automatically prioritized and directed, so IT experts do not have to specially configure each device.
The branch gateway helps enable SD-WAN by acting as a bridge between the access layer at the branch and the WAN. It can also optimize and control the WAN, LAN, and cloud services while providing features, such as routing, firewall, security, URL filtering, and compression. This way the wired and wireless infrastructure from Aruba does not need to be specially configured. Instead, these devices can be managed by Aruba Central. The branch gateway can send traffic to the cloud, the internet, or to the headend gateway in the data center.
Cloud management from Aruba Central allows customers to
- View the entire network from a single pane of glass
- Extend rich context-awareness to SD-WAN gateways
- Add additional services
With Aruba ClearPass, customers can simplify branch-wide design with role based policies:
- WLAN and wired switching policies
- Firewall and WebCC policies
- Path steering policies
Aruba controllers or VPN concentrators can act as a headend gateway to the data center
Aruba APs and Switches
Aruba Unified APs in Instant mode are a good choice for branches Aruba 2930F and other cloud-managed switches allow for easy branch deployment and management.
Aruba controllers can operate as the SD-WAN gateway to optimize and control SD-WAN, LAN, and cloud security by
- Acting as a bridge between the access layer in branches and the WAN edge
- Enforcing all of the wired and Wi-Fi segmentation and policy
- Providing security features, such as web content filtering, app visibility, and analytics
Benefits of Aruba SD-Branch Solutions:
- Single pane of Glass for WLAN, LAN SD-WAN
- Single policy enforcement point at branches
- Active & Passive path quality Monitoring
- Policy based routing & dynamic path steering
- Zero-touch provisioning
- Get unmatched context awareness
- Maintain consistent user & device experience
- Optimize user application traffic with hybrid & Software defined WAN
- Improves overall bandwidth efficiency with WAN compression
- Stateful firewall with DPI & Content filtering
- Integration with 140+ ecosystem partners
- Improve branch security with Dynamic Segmentation
- Simplify Security Policy Management with Clear pass